The mission of the Massachusetts Academy of Family Physicians is to assist its members in providing compassionate, high quality healthcare to the people of Massachusetts.The vision of the Massachusetts Academy of Family Physicians is to provide responsible advocacy, representation and leadership for our members and to promote the specialty of family medicine through public awareness and patient education.
MassAFP 2020-2023 Strategic Plan - Areas of Focus
Member Value = Engagement
Approved by the Massachusetts Academy of Family Physicians Board on 3/25/2021
Promote Family Medicine Advocacy
Goal: Increase the influence and presence of MassAFP in the legislative process.
- Promote pathways to participation in the advocacy process through lobbying, testimony, PAC participation, committees, commissions, run for office, advisory boards and Advocacy Day.
- Priority areas to monitor and influence include: workforce, residency program funding, telemedicine, payment reform, scope of practice, opioid misuse, reducing administrative burden, access to care, Direct Primary Care support, vaping, and Public Health issues.
- Utilize the MassAFP website and other communication tools to promote policy initiatives, position statements and member engagement. Continue the development of the key contact program.
- Engage students and residents in the advocacy process by going to the schools and residency programs
- Increase PAC donations and utilization of funds with specific participation goals. (100% board participation)